Thursday, September 6, 2018

Week 3 of Yoga Teacher Training....WOW!
Talk about Immersion......
I've given myself the permission to allow what wants to seep into my subconscious as opposed to trying to grasp all the information that I'm diving into.  I'm doing all the required reading, writing out all my homework answers and then there's ANATOMY!!!  UGH.
I can tell you the colors I've used in the Anatomy Coloring Book, I can even tell you what the corresponding letter for the colors is but I CAN'T tell you the names of the muscles, tendons etc...that I just colored....and I think I'm supposed to, isn't that the idea of coloring them???  
But here's the thing I keep being reminded of.....BE COMPASSIONATE around this process and ALLOW the process to take the action.  So continues the practice of yoga.....
This weeks homework centered around Satya, the yogic practice of truth and choosing words so they do less harm and most good. One of the homework questions is:
What is Truth to me?
            Truth to me is a presence that is seen, felt and heard. These are exuded by a person's actions and words.  They come from a place of deep caring for one's self as well as others.  From a place of love.  Truth is integrity.  It can be hard and messy to tell the truth but it never ceases to have integrity.  Ones truth can be influenced by so many things and I think it's tricky to get down to the bones of real truth but I think it can be shared by choosing words that do less harm and more good.

No comments:

Post a Comment